This N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site contains specific information and software, as well as – as the case may be – related documentation, for viewing or downloading.
N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. may stop the operation of the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site in full or in part at any time. Due to the nature of the Internet and computer systems, N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. cannot accept any liability for the continuous availability of the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site.
3. Intellectual Property
Except for the rights of use and other rights expressly granted herein, no other rights are granted to the User nor shall any obligation be implied requiring the grant of further rights. Any and all patent rights and licenses are expressly excluded.
Images used on this site may not necessarily depict the actual product described, some images used are merely to convey a general idea to explain a scenario. Images used are either owned by N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. or have been bought under license agreement. Copying these images from the site is in violation of the Copyright Laws of Canada.
4. Duties of the User
In accessing or using the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site the User shall not:
- harm other persons, in particular minors, or infringe their personal rights;
- breach public morality in its manner of use;
- violate any intellectual property right or any other proprietary right;
- upload any contents containing a virus, so-called Trojan Horse, or any other program that could damage data;
- transmit, store or upload hyperlinks or contents to which the User is not entitled, in particular in cases where such hyperlinks or contents are in breach of confidentiality obligations or unlawful; or
- distribute advertising or unsolicited e-mails (so-called “spam”) or inaccurate warnings of viruses, defects or similar material and the User shall not solicit or request the participation in any lottery, snowball system, chain letter, pyramid game or similar activity.
The N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site may contain hyperlinks to the web pages of third parties. N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. shall have no liability for the contents of such web pages and does not make representations about or endorse such web pages or their contents as its own, as N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. does not control the information on such web pages and is not responsible for the contents and information given thereon. The use of such web pages shall be at the sole risk of the User.
6. Liability for defects of title or quality
Insofar as any information, software or documentation is made available at no cost, any liability for defects as to quality or title of the information, software and documentation especially in relation to the correctness or absence of defects or the absence of claims or third party rights or in relation to completeness and/or fitness for purpose are excluded except for cases involving willful misconduct or fraud.
The information on the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site may contain specifications or general descriptions related to the technical possibilities of individual products, which may not be available in certain cases (e.g. due to product changes). The required performance of the product shall therefore be mutually agreed in each case at the time of purchase. Images used on this site are to portray concepts, not the actual products for sale themselves.
7. Other Liability, Viruses
Although N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. makes every endeavour to keep the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site free from viruses, N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. cannot make any guarantee that it is virus-free. The User shall, for its own protection, take the necessary steps to ensure appropriate security measures and shall utilize a virus scanner before downloading any information, software or documentation.
N.B. Crime Stoppers – Digital Media Services owns and maintains several website addresses (known as URLs) to easily direct visitors and users to various sections of our website and social media operations. For example: Many sites like Twitter limit the amount of characters used when sending messages, so lengthy website addresses will automatically be shortened using our URL shortener service (helpsolve.me) powered by bitly™. The URL address for our FAQ page, for instance, will look like this: https://helpsolve.me/2Rdxspn. If you see a link from us on our website, or in an email that you’re unsure about, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is a complete list of the website addresses we own and maintain:
- www.crimenb.ca | Primary Website Address
- www.nbcs-ecnb.ca | Administration and Volunteer Access (Corporate Use Only)
- helpsolve.me | URL (website address) shortener service powered by bitly™
- www.crimetip.ca | Direct connection to secure tip submission form
- www.tipsubmit.ca | Link to download Mobile Apps
- www.crimestoppers.tel | Our virtual contact card powered by .tel
- www.crimestoppers.mobi | Connect with Crime Stoppers on mobile devices and tablets
Section 9.1 and 9.2 do not intend nor imply any changes to the burden of proof to the User’s disadvantage.
8. Data Privacy Protection
9. Supplementary Agreements, Place of Jurisdiction, Applicable Law
Any supplementary agreement requires the written form.
The place of jurisdiction shall be New Brunswick Canada.
The individual pages of the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site are operated and administered by N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. and/or its affiliates. The pages comply with the law applicable in the country where the responsible company has its business residence. N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. makes no representation that information, software and/or documentation on the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site are appropriate or available for viewing or downloading at locations outside such country. If Users access N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site from outside such country, they are exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. Access to N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web Site’s information, software and/or documentation from countries where such content is unlawful is prohibited. In this case and where User seeks to do business with N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc., the User should contact the N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. representative for the particular country for country specific business.
ANONYMOUS TIP SUBMISSION PROGRAM – PRIVACY, SECURITY, AND DELIVERY POLICY
- Tip Submission and Disposition: Although we utilize industry standard encryption and delivery routines, due to the nature of the Internet and mobile delivery networks, Anderson Software, LLC does not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or reception of the submitted information. Neither Anderson Software, nor its Participating Agencies (N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc.) makes any guarantee as to (or assumes any responsibility for) if, how or when any submitted information may or may not be acted upon by law enforcement. Because submitted tips may not be monitored by law enforcement after hours and over weekends, you may wish to consider alternate contact methods if the tip contains information of a timely nature.
- Improper/Illegal Use of this Public Engines Service: This Web Tip and SMS Tip submission system is provided to the public for the purpose of anonymously reporting known or suspected suspicious or criminal activity which has occurred, or may occur. Any misuse or abuse of this system is strictly prohibited. MAKING A FALSE REPORT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE AND MAY BE PUNISHABLE BY LAW. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should call 911 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time sensitive information. Children must be 13 years or older or have parents’ permission to use this service.
Provide no identifying information about yourself if you wish to remain anonymous.
This form should not be used for emergencies. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should Call 9-1-1 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time-sensitive information.
A code will be issued to you when you submit your information. This code can be used to check on the status of a report or to answer follow-up questions about the information that you submit. You will also be able to upload additional images using this code. To follow-up on a report, you can log-in to our site later using a code and password that will be assigned to you automatically when you submit this report. Due to the high volume of information that is received, the recipient may be unable to reply to every submission.
How can a tipster recover a username or password?
It is not possible for an anonymous tipster to recover a lost username or password as tips should not be connected to personal information of anonymous tipsters such as an email address or phone number. However, if a tipster has lost the username or password then they can submit another tip and indicate in the narrative that the tip is related to an existing tip.
Submission and Disposition
Although we utilize physical, electronic and administrative safeguards, including industry standard encryption, due to the nature of the Internet and SMS delivery networks, we do not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or reception of the submitted information. We do not guarantee or assume any responsibility for: If, How or When any submitted information may be reviewed or acted upon by law enforcement or Public Safety officials. Because reports you submit may not be monitored by such parties on a regular basis, you should not use this service to report events presenting an immediate danger to life or property, or which otherwise constitutes an emergency. As such, reports may not receive an immediate response.
The information that you provide on this form must be correct to the best of your knowledge. The deliberate provision of false information may be investigated and potentially prosecuted. This information submission system is provided to the public for the purpose of anonymously reporting known or suspected suspicious or criminal activity which has occurred, or may occur. Any misuse or abuse of this system is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should Call 9-1-1 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time-sensitive information. Children under 13 must not disclose personally identifying information.
What types of files can tipsters upload as tip attachments?
Tipsters can anonymously submit audio, video, image and document files with their tips and via additional two-way dialog. Each upload is limited to a maximum size of 55 mb per file with the following file types being allowed:
Audio: m4p, mp3, wav
Video: avi, flv, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, wma, wmv
Image: gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Documents: doc, docx, pdf, xls, xlsx
Alternative Formats and Plug-ins
Information throughout the Crime Stoppers Web site is provided in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) as the primary format. In some cases, other software formats are provided as alternatives. To open these alternate formats, you may need to download and install one or more of the following on your computer:
Portable Document Format (PDF)
Some of the pages available on our Web site are electronic versions of documents that were originally designed for printing. These documents may also be available for download in PDF so that you can view and print them with virtually the same graphics, typography and layout as the original version.
Before you can open any of the PDF documents on our Web site, you will first need to install one of the free PDF reader software programs from the list below.
Word Processing Software
- DOC – Some files are available in Microsoft Word or Rich Text formats. To view these files you will need Microsoft Word Reader.
- XLS – To read a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel format, you will need the Microsoft Excel Viewer.
- PPT – Presentations are available in Microsoft PowerPoint format. To view these files you will need PowerPoint Presentation Viewer.
- RTF – Rich Text format. To access these files use the document conversion features available in most word processing software, or use a file viewer capable of reading RTF.
Media Players (for viewing interactive content)
- Why Zip files? – Zip files compress data and therefore save time and space, and make downloading software faster.
- How do I open a Zip file? – After you have installed Zip software, you can open a Zip file by double clicking it in your browser and choosing “Unzip or install from an existing Zip file” in the WinZip Wizard. If you do not have Zip software on your computer, you can download many free versions.
These Web sites are outside of the control of Crime Stoppers and are listed solely for the convenience of our users. Crime Stoppers does not endorse any of the software found on these sites and is unable to provide technical assistance to users who install this software on their computers.