Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc.; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. may collect, how N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
Through our Web site, N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, survey), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
Communications or Utilization Data
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Web site, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web site, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Web sites and improve their performance or content.
“Cookies” – Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer When you view one of our Web sites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a Web site to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. uses technical and organizational security measures.
Links to other web sites N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web sites contain links to other Web sites. N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
N.B. Crime Stoppers – Digital Media Services owns and maintains several website addresses (known as URLs) to easily direct visitors and users to various sections of our website and social media operations. For example: Many sites like Twitter limit the amount of characters used when sending messages, so lengthy website addresses will automatically be shortened using our URL shortner service (helpsolve.me) powered by bitly™. The URL address for our FAQ page, for instance, will look like this: https://helpsolve.me/2Rdxspn. If you see a link from us on our website, or in an email that you’re unsure about, do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com. Here is a complete list of the website addresses we own and maintain:
- www.crimenb.ca | Primary Website Address
- www.nbcs-ecnb.ca | Administration and Volunteer Access (Corporate Use Only)
- helpsolve.me | URL (website address) shortner service powered by bitly™
- www.crimetip.ca | Direct connection to secure tip submission form
- www.tipsubmit.ca | Link to download Mobile Apps
- www.crimestoppers.tel | Our virtual contact card powered by .tel
- www.crimestoppers.mobi | Connect with Crime Stoppers on mobile devices and tablets
ANONYMOUS TIP SUBMISSION PROGRAM – PRIVACY, SECURITY, AND DELIVERY POLICY
- Tip Submission and Disposition: Although we utilize industry standard encryption and delivery routines, due to the nature of the Internet and mobile delivery networks, Anderson Software, LLC does not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or reception of the submitted information. Neither Anderson Software, nor its Participating Agencies (N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc.) makes any guarantee as to (or assumes any responsibility for) if, how or when any submitted information may or may not be acted upon by law enforcement. Because submitted tips may not be monitored by law enforcement after hours and over weekends, you may wish to consider alternate contact methods if the tip contains information of a timely nature.
- Improper/Illegal Use of this Public Engines Service: This Web Tip and SMS Tip submission system is provided to the public for the purpose of anonymously reporting known or suspected suspicious or criminal activity which has occurred, or may occur. Any misuse or abuse of this system is strictly prohibited. MAKING A FALSE REPORT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE AND MAY BE PUNISHABLE BY LAW. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should call 911 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time sensitive information. Children must be 13 years or older or have parents’ permission to use this service.
Provide no identifying information about yourself if you wish to remain anonymous.
This form should not be used for emergencies. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should Call 9-1-1 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time-sensitive information.
A code will be issued to you when you submit your information. This code can be used to check on the status of a report or to answer follow-up questions about the information that you submit. You will also be able to upload additional images using this code. To follow-up on a report, you can log-in to our site later using a code and password that will be assigned to you automatically when you submit this report. Due to the high volume of information that is received, the recipient may be unable to reply to every submission.
How can a tipster recover a username or password?
It is not possible for an anonymous tipster to recover a lost username or password as tips should not be connected to personal information of anonymous tipsters such as an email address or phone number. However, if a tipster has lost the username or password then they can submit another tip and indicate in the narrative that the tip is related to an existing tip.
Submission and Disposition
Although we utilize physical, electronic and administrative safeguards, including industry standard encryption, due to the nature of the Internet and SMS delivery networks, we do not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or reception of the submitted information. We do not guarantee or assume any responsibility for: If, How or When any submitted information may be reviewed or acted upon by law enforcement or Public Safety officials. Because reports you submit may not be monitored by such parties on a regular basis, you should not use this service to report events presenting an immediate danger to life or property, or which otherwise constitutes an emergency. As such, reports may not receive an immediate response.
The information that you provide on this form must be correct to the best of your knowledge. The deliberate provision of false information may be investigated and potentially prosecuted. This information submission system is provided to the public for the purpose of anonymously reporting known or suspected suspicious or criminal activity which has occurred, or may occur. Any misuse or abuse of this system is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should Call 9-1-1 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time-sensitive information. Children under 13 must not disclose personally identifying information.
What types of files can tipsters upload as tip attachments?
Tipsters can anonymously submit audio, video, image and document files with their tips and via additional two-way dialog. Each upload is limited to a maximum size of 55 mb per file with the following file types being allowed:
Audio: m4p, mp3, wav
Video: avi, flv, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, wma, wmv
Image: gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Documents: doc, docx, pdf, xls, xlsx