The Southeast RCMP, along with the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the NB Provincial Auto Theft Network (NB PATNET) have partnered on a new crime prevention initiative.
The ‘LOCK IT or LOSE IT’ campaign is aimed at offering the public some simple techniques to deter thieves who steal from vehicles.
A vehicle with an unlocked door is an easy target. You can help protect your vehicle by ensuring the following:
– Roll up all vehicle windows.
– Don’t leave your keys in the vehicle.
– Lock your doors.
– Park in a well-lit area.
– Never leave valuables in plain view.
– Only give one key to a parking lot attendant.
– Keep your registration document and insurance with you, not in your glove compartment.
– Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
If you notice any suspicious activity in your neighbourhood contact the RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267) or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or at www.crimenb.ca.