Call Procedure :
- A crime is committed and you know who is responsible – We’re interested in receiving tips on any crime, whether featured in the media or not.
- Call the confidential and fully-bilingual TIPS line at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) to provide an anonymous tip. Cell phone users can reach our operators by dialing these easy to remember numbers from their wireless device: Bell Mobility™ and Telus customers dial *8477 from your cell phone. Rogers™ Wireless customers dial #8477 from your device. Submit Online: Confidential Web Tip Information System. Or give us information anonymously by texting ‘TIP212 and your information’ to CRIMES (274637).
- Your information will be taken in strict confidence. Your anonymity is guaranteed. You never have to give your name, or have to testify in court.
- You will be issued a confidential code number. You must keep this number a secret to ensure anonymity; the number is your only means of identification.
- You will be asked to call back periodically so you can be updated on your tip. Be sure to refer to your confidential code number when calling.
- If your tip leads to the successful conclusion of a case, or results in someone being arrested or charged, you become eligible for a cash award if desired.
- You are instructed on how to receive your award.
- See our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information on the process
Crime Stoppers is not an emergency service, and if you see a crime taking place,
you should dial 9-1-1 to report it immediately.
Every call is valuable to Crime Stoppers, but if your information leads to an arrest and charge or successful conclusion of a case, it could bring you a cash award. Awards are set according to the seriousness of the crime and are paid in a way that continues to protect your identity and anonymity.
Who can call to submit an anonymous tip?
Anyone who knows something about a crime can submit a tip. You may know the person involved, have overheard something you shouldn’t, seen something and don’t know what to do. Whatever the case may be, you know something about a crime or a criminal, so tell us what you know, not who you are. It does not have to be part of an ongoing investigation or a crime we are featuring. Know something? Submit a tip online.
Helping to stop, solve, and prevent crime -together
Crime Stoppers helps solve a crime somewhere in the world every 14 minutes
Tips have helped remove over $69.8 million worth of drugs off the streets of NB
Over 8,185 cases have been solved leading to over 8,809 arrests in the province
Citizens have helped law enforcement recover over $8.3 million in stolen property
Still not convinced of the effectiveness of Crime Stoppers? See our Statistics