Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc.; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. may collect, how N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
Through our Web site, N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, survey), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
Communications or Utilization Data
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Web site, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web site, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Web sites and improve their performance or content.
“Cookies” – Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer When you view one of our Web sites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a Web site to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. uses technical and organizational security measures.
Links to other web sites N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Web sites contain links to other Web sites. N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
N.B. Crime Stoppers – Digital Media Services owns and maintains several website addresses (known as URLs) to easily direct visitors and users to various sections of our website and social media operations. For example: Many sites like Twitter limit the amount of characters used when sending messages, so lengthy website addresses will automatically be shortened using our URL shortner service (helpsolve.me) powered by bitly™. The URL address for our FAQ page, for instance, will look like this: helpsolve.me/w36GxZ. If you see a link from us on our website, or in an email that you’re unsure about, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is a complete list of the website addresses we own and maintain:
- www.crimenb.ca | Primary Website Address
- www.nbcs-ecnb.ca | Administration and Volunteer Access (Corporate Use Only)
- helpsolve.me | URL (website address) shortner service powered by bitly™
- www.crimetip.ca | Direct connection to secure tip submission form by TipSoft™
- www.tipsubmit.ca | Link to download TipSubmit Mobile Apps powered by TipSoft™
- www.crimestoppers.tel | Our virtual contact card powered by .tel
- www.crimestoppers.mobi | Connect with Crime Stoppers on mobile devices and tablets
- www.fightcrime.ca | Student Crime Stoppers program
ANONYMOUS TIP SUBMISSION PROGRAM – PRIVACY, SECURITY, AND DELIVERY POLICY
- Tip Submission and Disposition: Although we utilize industry standard encryption and delivery routines, due to the nature of the Internet and mobile SMS delivery networks, Public Engines does not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or reception of the submitted information. Neither Public Engines, nor its Participating Agencies (N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc.) makes any guarantee as to (or assumes any responsibility for) if, how or when any submitted information may or may not be acted upon by law enforcement. Because submitted tips may not be monitored by law enforcement after hours and over weekends, you may wish to consider alternate contact methods if the tip contains information of a timely nature.
- Improper/Illegal Use of this Public Engines Service: This Web Tip and SMS Tip submission system is provided to the public for the purpose of anonymously reporting known or suspected suspicious or criminal activity which has occurred, or may occur. Any misuse or abuse of this system is strictly prohibited. MAKING A FALSE REPORT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE AND MAY BE PUNISHABLE BY LAW. You acknowledge and confirm that the information you are providing is not urgent or requiring prompt or immediate attention, and you understand that you should call 911 or contact the appropriate authorities by phone if this is time sensitive information. Children must be 13 years or older or have parents’ permission to use this service.
Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.